The Filmmaking & Photography 101 Programme packs months of skills into a short time; and helps you make a short film from concept to completion. In the process, you learn the essentials of film craft, be it directing, camerawork, sound or editing also you learn the key skills in photography. You learn by doing, and get mentored by filmmakers & photographers. Additionally you will also learn the business and operation side of running a media house.
Why Choose Shoot Guru?
What we do on Shoots
EQUIVALENT TO A LONGER COURSE
This is a full-time programme of 10+2 weeks. Highly immersive, it covers more than 360 hours across 3 months; i.e. over 70% of a semester (an average university semester = 500 hours).
- 360+ HOURS OF LEARNING – TOTAL IMMERSION
- LEARN BY DOING – OVER 70% PRACTICAL LEARNING
- WORK ON DSLR CAMERAS & PRO GEAR
- MEET LIKE MINDED PEOPLE
WHO IS IT FOR:
- For anyone who wants to make a film but doesn’t know where to begin. Prior experience is not needed – beginners may apply.
- ls perfect for media / journalism / animation students; still photographers moving to video; and people with some basic experience in the field. Ideal for film enthusiasts.
- It helps if you are a film buff or engage with photography or theatre; however, this is not mandatory. What is important is that you must be committed and willing to work hard.
ELIGIBILITY: Age: 18+ preferred; 15+ may be considered in some cases. There’s no upper age limit but people over 55 should be sure of their energy levels.
What to expect?
The programme guides you through the process of making a film & photography from start to completion. The program also takes you through different kinds of photography genres as well.
You begin working with cameras from day 01. You are introduced to the essentials of filmmaking – camerawork, sound recording and more. At the same time you begin exploring the director’s craft – shot taking, scene construction, visual continuity and narrative.
Practical exercises of increasing complexity follow, stressing both the technical and the creative side of filmmaking. You shoot several short projects, in the process of developing your audio-visual storytelling skills. Your learning is complemented by film viewing, assignments and field-work.
In parallel, you start working towards your final film project. You develop an idea from concept to screenplay. You pitch this to your batch, and some ideas are short-listed for production.
Advanced sessions in shot-taking, story boarding and narrative exercises follow. Work begins on casting, locations, scheduling and pre-production. In other words, you learn to approach film-making as a professional would.
You then shoot the films (in groups); followed not just by the editing but by thorough post production – audio design and mixing; titling; colour correction and mastering. You are mentored at each stage of the process to maximise your learning.
Week 1: Pre Production Process
- Concept development
- Story writing
- Script basics
Week 2: Pre Production Advanced
- Screenplay writing
- Script breakdown
- Shot breakdown
- Shot division
Week 3: Pre production cont.
- Budgeting revised
- Crew allocation
Week 4: Case Study
- Case study
- Film breakdown
Week 5-7: production
- Camera basics for Photography
- Camera basics for Video
- Creative shot taking
- Shot selection
- Drone basics and practical
- Short film shoot
Week 8: Principals of Photography
- Basics of Photography
- Studio lighting and Outdoor lighting
- Portrait photography basics + shoot
- Product photography + shoot
- Make-up Photography
Week 9-10: Post Production
- Post Production Edit basics
- Paper edit
- Line up
- Post Production final edit
- Sound mastering – BG score, sfx, dubbing
- Colour grading of shots
- Final output
- Post film queries and discussion
Week 11-12: Business of Film & Photography
- Preparing the portfolio
- How to pitch
- Sales is everything
Cost: INR 48500/- Only (Paid 2 EMIs)
- Currently enrolling for August & September batches
- Location: Gurgaon
- Timing: 10AM – 5PM, Monday – Friday
- The above mentioned details also include a 3 day travel film making workshop.
- Contact: 9354306232